Home News About Us Our services Universities Consultants Visa Guide Videos Terms of Use Privacy and Policy Contact Us

Study in Switzerland

A visa is a certification one has to acquire in order to enter, stay or leave a country. Some nations may not require visa from countries that they have good relation or bonds with. For example, all countries in European Union can visit each other without any hindrance. There are some countries that allow Pakistani and Indian passport holders Visa-free. However, Switzerland is not one them. In order to study in Switzerland, a Student Visa will be required. This article will guide its readers how to get student visa for Switzerland. Complete details including visa category, required documents and visa application process are discussed in a step by step simple approach. 1 - Get an Acceptance Letter The very first thing one must do in order to get student visa is get admission in university or college of Switzerland. If you don’t know how to do that, here see Application Process to Study in Switzerland. Once you are enrolled in an institute, they will send you an acceptance letter. It’s a proof that you have got admission in a Swiss university. Without this acceptance letter, student visa cannot be issued. You will have to submit it along all other required documents mentioned below. Make sure that you find the right university for yourself because this where you are going to spend next few years of your life. Here you can see Top Universities of Switzerland to make an informed decision. 2 - Decide a Student Visa Category Switzerland student visa is further divided in two categories. Each of these visas has their own purpose and time limits. These Switzerland student visas are called: 1. Switzerland Student - C Visa 2. Switzerland Student - D Visa Switzerland Student Category C Visa: This student visa is for short term stay in Switzerland. C visa holder is allowed to stay for only up to 3 months. It is issued to students who wish to pursue a short course in summer schools or language schools in Switzerland. Switzerland Student Category D Visa: D category of Swiss student visa is for those students who will have to stay for longer period than 3 months in Switzerland. If you are planning to study undergraduate or postgraduate courses, you will apply for this visa. If you go to Switzerland on this visa, you will need to get your residence permit too. After you move, you will have to visit cantonal migration offices within first 14 days. No matter what Swiss visa you apply for, you will have to pay visa fees of only 7,100 Pakistani rupees if you are an adult. If you are younger than the age of 12, this cost reduces to almost half. Switzerland is generally an expensive place for living.


Join Study Abroad